Codecourse Ltd Terms of Service
We like to keep the terms of our service simple and transparent. Aside from the standard boring legal jargon here, we've provided terms that are easy to read and understand below. If you have any questions, we're always happy to chat. Either contact us here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By purchasing a Codecourse subscription (also known as a pro membership), you agree that:
- We will automatically charge you every calendar month or year, depending on the frequency of the plan you have chosen.
- It is your responsibility to cancel your subscription, either by contacting us directly or using the cancellation process in your account area.
- We will keep your subscription active for the remainder of the period you have paid for if you choose to cancel your subscription. For example, if you purchase a monthly subscription and cancel half way through the month, you will continue to have access for half a month.
- We will never increase your subscription price unless your subscription is cancelled and you sign up again, where a price increase has taken place.
We allow refunds in certain cases. By purchasing a Codecourse subscription (also known as a pro membership), you agree that:
We will issue a refund of your latest payment (the last monthly or yearly payment you made to us) only if:
- you are a new member (have only been billed once) and contact us within 7 days of your first payment;
- you are an existing member (have been billed more than once) and contact us within 24 hours of your latest payment;
- We will not issue refunds for any other payments you have made to us, except for your latest payment as outlined in (a).
- We do not offer partial refunds for monthly or yearly payments. For example, we will not issue a refund if you decide that half way through your monthly or yearly subscription period you'd like the remainder of the period to be refunded.
By accessing the website at http://codecourse.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Codecourse Ltd's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Codecourse Ltd's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Codecourse Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Codecourse Ltd's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Codecourse Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Codecourse Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Codecourse Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Codecourse Ltd's website, even if Codecourse Ltd or a Codecourse Ltd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Codecourse Ltd's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Codecourse Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Codecourse Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Codecourse Ltd does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Codecourse Ltd has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Codecourse Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Codecourse Ltd may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
This policy is effective as of 14 May 2018.